Although your parents or significant other would argue the point, there is nothing wrong with spending long hours in front of a computer or console gaming system if that is what you enjoy. However, there is not a doctor alive who would support this decision unless you have the right gaming chair. Choosing a quality, ergonomic chair is essential not only for your comfort but also for your health. After spending a couple of hours being challenged and entertained by your favorite video game, you should be able to stand and enjoy a full range of movement without any aches, pains or stiffness. Also, the right chair will enhance your gaming experience and help you get the most out of your time.
Advantages of a Gaming Chair
You may not have invested any thought into the type of chair you sit in while you are gaming. However, if you are an avid fan and find yourself at it for long hours in order to get to the next level, solve the next puzzle or acquire the magic item you’ve had your eyes on, then you understand that a few aches and pains may develop.
A standard office chair may be fine for an hour, but nothing other than a dedicated gaming chair or a chair built with ergonomics in mind will get you through an entire evening.
A couch or comfy chair may even seem fine for a while, but eventually the softness will cause your spine to curve in an uncomfortable position. If you are sitting on the edge of a bed or a kitchen chair, you may not last longer than 20 minutes, and that’s not long enough to get anywhere in your game.
Many people balk at spending money on a chair for gaming when they have already spent a small fortune on their gaming system and games. But a great chair is worth purchasing even if it is not specially made for the activity. Bean bag chairs for sale make some of the best gaming chairs, and they are relatively inexpensive.
When you find the perfect gaming chair, you can expect to experience several benefits, including the following:
• The ergonomic design of gaming chairs helps to reduce and prevent back pain that is associated with sitting for long periods of time.
• Gaming chairs are not permanent fixtures in the rooms where they are used. They can be tucked away in a corner, put under a bed or placed in a closet when they are not needed.
• Bean bag chairs and many other types of gaming chairs are made to resist spills and stains so that you don’t have to worry when eating or drinking while sitting in them.
• Gaming chairs allow you to sit close to your gaming system so that you can adjust the volume and other controls.
Choose From Several Styles
When you decide that you can’t live without a gaming chair, you are not locked into one particular style. Several different types of gaming chairs are available, and it is best to test out a few so that you know you are getting one that is a perfect match for your body and your style of play. Of course, when you look at bean bag chairs for sale, you don’t have to worry about your body type because they adjust for the weight and shape of anyone who sits in them.
A few of the most popular types of gaming chairs are as follows:
• Rocker chairs – This is a very popular style of chair for gaming because it is made specifically for the activity. These chairs sit so that the bottom of the seat rests on the ground, but it is curved, allowing you to rock back and forth. They also often include game controls, inputs and stereo speakers built into the sides. However, most game controllers nowadays have infrared sensors, and it is not a big deal to be without these features. They are usually of inferior quality anyway. Why would you ever use a subpar, 2-inch speaker that sounds tinny and is barely audible when you can use a premium Dolby surround-sound system?
• Pedestal chairs – Pedestal chairs are similar to office chairs. They are elevated, they tilt, and they swivel, and that’s about it.
• Racing chairs – Racing Chairs are great when you are playing racing games because they emulate sitting in the driver’s seat of an actual car, but be serious with yourself. Do you play racing games enough that you need an entire chair dedicated to it?
• Memory foam chairs – These seem like a good idea at first glance. But after you sit in them for 10 minutes, you realize they are only meant for small children and have fun trying to stand up from one.
• Bean Bag Chair – Bean bag chairs are popular with younger gamers, but they are the most versatile type of gaming chair you can buy no matter your age. They are completely ergonomic, offer superior comfort, are easy to clean and can be stored just about anywhere. Also, they are recommended by doctors because they conform to the size and shape of your body. Finally, you can find a broad range of bean bag chairs for sale at affordable prices.
Features of Gaming Chairs
When you are shopping for a gaming chair, the following characteristics should be considered before you make your purchase:
• Design – Since you plan to use the chair for several hours at a time, it must be ergonomic. Otherwise, you may suffer an injury, and video game injuries are the most embarrassing to explain.
• Price – While price is not a factor for everyone, most of us don’t have an extra $1,000 in our pockets to shell out for a gold-plated gaming chair with diamond studs.
• Size – A great gaming chair will be just large enough to accommodate you or anyone else who will be sitting in it. However, it should also be small enough to put into storage or somewhere out of the way when it is not being used.
• Materials – When you are gaming, your attention is focused on the game rather than anything else you may be doing. Therefore, it should be stain resistant in case you spill food or liquids and can’t get up right away to clean it.
• Cushioning – A gaming chair must be comfortable, but it can’t be too fluffy or cushiony because after a couple of hours, your back will be completely sore, and it could cause long-term damage.
Considering all of the factors, the best type of gaming chair is a bean bag chair. Take a look around, and you will find the perfect chair to suit all of your gaming needs.